Saturday, November 3, 2012

Affirmations & Epiphanies

Hey everyone!

It is currently 2 am. I unfortunately took a two hour nap today and am now not sleepy. Oh the joys of being a college student.

I apologize for my absence. I've been having a case of blogger's block.

But today I had an epiphany. I had a teacher tell me that I was good at accounting. I hate that class and know that I would be unhappy in choosing accounting as a career. But after leaving that class, I automatically reevaluated my major choice. I realized today how easily swayed and encouraged (or discouraged) I am by having other people tell me I am good at something.

In the car with my fiance, I had a moment. I had a clear, strong thought that life isn't about having other people confirm me and my actions.

My blogging isn't about having other people think I'm good at it. It isn't about getting a huge audience that follows my every move. It isn't about getting comments and affirmation about my writing. It's a hobby. It's something I enjoy and should do because I like it. I should continue to blog because it makes me feel happy, and to me, it is a release and a way to evaluate my thoughts and channel them out of my head. A blog isn't something you do just because someone else is going to read it.

So, I am going to press on with this adventure. I am not going to give up for fear of failing and not getting subscribers. That isn't what's important. I am going to do this because it's something I have wanted to do for a year. If I fail, it's ok; and it's ok because I tried my best.

I will post again tomorrow (Saturday), because I can only get better if I practice.
I hope this post helps someone else out there who is struggling with affirmation issues.
Do something for you today no matter what other people are going to say.

Sincerely, Paige


*I got a few ideas for this from Zoella's blog post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment